This article takes a look at setting up Outlook Web App, ActiveSync and Autodiscover.
I didn’t use any External Sources for this Document having set this up for Exchange 2013 there were some things I knew going in which I will show in this Preface.
So my idea with this article is to create a single source point of how to do this from start to finish.
I caveat that by there is many ways to do things.
I am no Exchange Expert, but I found this method with NetScaler was the best approach as I DO NOT WANT TO USE CONTENT SWITCHTCHING on the NetScaler. Almost everything in Exchange runs on port 443 so to separate the Services like the Citrix eDocs seemed pointless. Also if you set it up that way it does not work at least the way the document from Citrix tells you to do it.
There are many articles out there for Exchange 2010 with NetScaler. Replacing TMG 2010 with NetScaler. All of which I find do not really apply with Exchange 2016.
My goal in this document is to do the following
- Configure the Exchange Components so they are ready for the NetScaler Load Balancing
- Add Exchange Servers to the NetScaler for Load Balancing
- Create and SSL_BRIDGE Service Group
- Load Balance all SSL Traffic, including OWA through an SSL Load Balanced VIP
- Redirect HTTP to HTTPS
- Create a Managed Availability Monitor for Exchange SSL Traffic
- Create an HTTP to HTTPS Redirect for Autodiscover
- Pass the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync Connectivity Tests
- Test our setup with Auto Config of Outlook with and Exchange Account
This will take us through Outlook Anywhere for Exchange 2016 and Part 1 of my Exchange 2016 Deployment Guide for NetScaler 11
I plan to be covering all mail protocols in this series not just Outlook Anywhere. I will be looking at Load Balancing SMTP, POP and IMAP but non-secure and secure in this series and creating a total guide to document this procedure for NetScaler 11 Load Balancing all of these Services for Exchange 2016.
This is my attempt at creating a document that the entire world can use for one source of information to setup Microsoft Exchange 2016 on NetScaler 11 for Load Balancing with a Step by Step Guide.
Additional Protocols covered in Part 2 of this series will be:
- SMTP (25/465)
- POP (110/995)
- IMAP (143/993)
I hope you find this article useful and helpful with deploying NetScaler 11 as your Frontend Load Balancer for Exchange 2016.
This article is available in PDF Format for $5.00. Please use the button below.